As a business, you’ve probably heard that you need to be on Facebook and many of you might have taken that all important step and created your Facebook Business Page.
Here are some of our most important Do’ and Don’ts when it comes to Facebook for your business.
- DO Create Goals
Like with the rest of your business you need clear cut goals when it comes to your social media marketing. It’s very likely that you are considering Facebook for your business because you have needs that you want to achieve.
That said DON’T create unrealistic goals that chase vanity metrics like followers and Likes. Instead, address your biggest challenges with Facebook or social media in general through proper tracking tools For Example; increasing the quality of sales or increasing acquisition whilst lowering money spent.
- DO know YOUR target AUDIENCE
Demographics are key to any marketing strategy and as a Digital Marketing rule, you must be clear on who you are targeting and this is also essential to your Facebook marketing efforts. When you know who your specific audience is then you as a business can engage them as prospects.
There are nearly 1.15 billion people scrolling through their feeds every day, so it’s important to know who you need to reach and how. DON’T market to everyone, there’s a saying, ’When you sell to everyone, You sell to no one.’
- DO Engage
Always post in a way that catches people’s attention & motivates them to take action. Engagement is the key when creating lasting relationships with your prospects. Become a community for your audience and do not wait for them to engage first, remember social networks are all about communication.
Post lots of pictures and ask leading questions but DON’T let your page become a boring, business-only experience, avoid using a lot of jargon and complicated words.
Everyone engaging with your page should not have a problem understanding what exactly the page is about regardless of your industry. BE HUMAN & SOCIAL!
- DO create quality CONTENT
Great Content is the centre of your Facebook strategy. Like the saying goes, Content is King! This is what will grab your audience’ attention and keep them coming back for more. The trick is to create content that will convince your audience to take action so DON’T forget to include a Call-To-Action (CTA) in every single post so people understand what do you want them to do.
- DO pay attention to your ANALYTICS & INSIGHTS
Take advantage of Facebook’s targeting tools. Not only can you segment your audience into specific demographics and target their specific interests, Facebook also allows you to track and measure how well each post is doing.
This is also important when tracking what exactly works for your business and what doesn’t but DON’T concentrate on vanity indicator such a Reach. Instead concentrate on how much engagement each post is getting and ultimately how much conversion i.e. clicks to your website you are getting where you can make sales if you are running an e-commerce site.
Other important things to consider:
- Don’t use a personal profileto represent your brand. Make sure to create a proper Facebook Business Page.
- Do post a profile picture and cover photo on your Facebook business page as this is the first point of contact your audience will have with your page and unfortunately, we do judge a book by its cover.
- Do leverage on Facebook Ads. Although some businesses are still sceptical, Facebook Ads work and they make sure that your engaging content ends up in front of the right people at the right time.
- Do create contests. Everyone loves a good competition and EVERYONE loves to win free stuff! This is a great way to get your name and your brand out there.
- Don’t spamyour followers, remember Facebook is a social network so keep a balance between entertainment and selling.
If you Like this article and need help with your business’s Facebook marketing, contact me by clicking HERE.