As technology evolves so do digital marketing trends. Digital platforms are always changing to better improve experiences for the end-user. So, where should focus your efforts to prepare for the digital marketing trends in 2022?
The main point is to stay relevant and up to date, keep up with the latest trends, as they can help boost your brand and the bottom line.
Here are our top digital marketing trends to look out for in 2022
1. Influencer Marketing Will Prevail
Influencer marketing is already big, and it’s only going to get bigger. It has become an easy way for brands and creators to collaborate on campaigns and grow together. Every day more and more consumers have turned to the internet to meet their eCommerce needs and so leveraging influencers is an optimal way to get your brand in front of the right audience and gain followers at the same time. To build credibility you need to be able to prove authenticity on social media, engaging with influencers is one of the most effective ways to do so and build a digital community.
2. User-Generated Experiences
User-generated content or better known as USG is a powerful marketing resource. Content such as testimonials, social media posts by your community, and reviews generated by your customers, are perfect for making your brand stand out in the vast market. This builds trustworthiness and makes it clear how much your audience is pleased to interact with your brand.
DID YOU KNOW? User-generated experiences don’t require large investments and they stimulate engagement which is always encouraged. These experiences are great for your local rankings on Google. More on that below.
3. The Rise of Mini Videos Is One of the Main Digital Marketing Trends in 2022
Social media is slowly being dominated by video content that lasts 30 seconds to one minute. In 2022, brands will be obsessed with mini clips which show only the highlights of an otherwise long clip.
Facebook has stories, YouTube has recently introduced shorts, Instagram has reels, and Tik-Tok is the new, coolest kid around the block.
Snapchat is also working on introducing this feature to the market to compete amongst the top social media giants.
It definitely looks like mini videos will be around for a while. They have taken over the social media landscape and won over the digital natives of Gen Z and Millennials in a heartbeat.
TIP: Now it’s your time to get creative with your smartphone and shoot those special moments!
4. Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Did you know that Google is expected to make the Google My Business (GMB) page much more interactive? This means that local businesses who are on the GMB will be given more importance on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
Additionally, optimized websites will have increased visibility on SERPS resulting in more traffic and potential customers.
TIP: Increase your website ranking by creating high-quality and localized content.
How? A blog is the best place for writing about what’s going on in the local area, especially when your business is involved. Sponsoring a local sports team or event? Write about it. Holding a fundraiser or special event at your location? Write about all of that too. It gives your website more local presence if local people find your website when they search for those topics.
5. Websites Are Becoming Faster
Website performance has become a very important factor in the digital world, as a slow website will quickly deter users.
Even a one-second difference in loading time can have a huge impact on performance.
Google announced that Core Web Vitals would become a ranking factor from June 2021. So how can you optimize for core web vitals?
Here is the breakdown:
- Ensure mobile-friendliness of your website that provides a good experience across all devices. Make sure your website works seamlessly on mobile devices as most users access the internet through hand-held devices like mobiles as opposed to desktops, laptops and tablets.
- Security on the website (using HTTPS) is a must. Show you have a security certificate to validate that all communication and data is secure and is encrypted.
- Say no to the intrusive pop-ups on mobile devices. We all know those annoying pop-up ads that show up after clicking any link. Those are very intrusive as they stop your users read your content. They can affect your website speed and performance and therefore are not recommended especially on mobile devices.
Become a Digital Marketing Pro in 2022!
Do you wish to become proficient in all aspects of digital marketing this 2022? If so, enrol in the internationally certified diploma in digital marketing learn everything you need to execute successful digital campaigns and advance your career.
Bye for now